Our Animal Management Level 3 courses can extend for up to two years of full-time study depending on which programme you follow.
Each course has been designed to prepare you for a rewarding and professional career in the animal industry. Whilst having a strong practical basis in animal husbandry, the courses also cover key theoretical elements of applied animal sciences.
You will also undertake an investigative research project and complete relevant work experience in the animal sector.
You will learn
- Animal breeding and genetics
- Animal welfare and ethics
- Animal biology
- Practical animal husbandry skills
- How to understand animal behaviour
- How to manage animal health
- Practical skills in animal science
- Animal metabolism and advanced animal nutrition
- Animal management in a retail environment
- Farm livestock husbandry
- Wildlife ecology and conservation management
BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Animal Management – Pearson Education Ltd (Formerly EDEXCEL) Reference: 60175254
At least five GCSEs at grade 5 and above (A* to C) including Maths, English or Science and/or a Pass in an Animal Care Diploma (Level 2) or above. Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
- Address Capel Manor College, Bullsmoor Lane, Waltham Cross, Enfield, UK