About the course
If you’re looking to study fashion and textiles at degree-level, but have already achieved A Levels, this preparatory art and design course will help you build a strong portfolio of work you can use for your university application.
You will get an opportunity to try many aspects of art and design within the textiles with fashion pathway. The broad experience and skills you acquire on this course will help you to explore your own potential. You will study contemporary art theory and practice, and will learn traditional skills combined with conceptual and innovative techniques. These will include skills in textiles, fashion illustration, drawing, colourwork, design development and presentation.
You will also participate in an end-of-year exhibition of work.
What will I study?
What will I need?
You will need:
- One A Level and three GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including grade 6 or above in Art or a closely related subject, or
- Two A Levels and two GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including grade 6 or above in Art or a closely related subject, or?
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including grade 6 or above in Art or a closely related subject, or?
- Level 3 Extended Diploma
- A portfolio of your art and design work
- A reference from your previous school/college
All applicants must have an interview to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
If you have have significant professional or other qualifications and appropriate work experience you may be considered and are encouraged to apply, as are those wishing to formalise their experience, or update skills, knowledge and understanding. In addition, evidence of personal skills and qualities through your personal statement and references will be considered.
If you have gained previous qualifications outside of the UK, you will need equivalent qualifications to those above. The equivalence of qualifications from outside of the UK will be determined according to NARIC guidance.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide an IELTS exam report with a score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each area) or equivalent English qualification.
If you are applying to study on a Tier 4 General Student Visa, you will require an IELTS for UKVI overall score of 6.0 (with minimum of 5.5 in each element).
- Address City and Islington College - Centre for Business, Arts and Technology, 444 Camden Road, London, UK