About the course
The art and design industry is where creativity, talent and energy combine, offering a wide variety of careers. You will have the opportunity to study and develop skills in Art, Design, Fashion and Textiles and choose a specialist route to take in the future. We will help you to arrange a work placement in industry so you can develop your employability skills, attitudes and behaviours that are expected in the workplace.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Drawing and illustration
- Contextual studies
- Visual research, design and presentation
- Computers in art & design
- Pattern construction & garment making
- Textiles and surface decoration
- Employment in the creative industries
What will I need?
You will need:
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above in English Language and Maths, or equivalent Functional Skills
- A reference from your previous school/college
- A portfolio of your art and design work
All applicants must have an interview to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address City and Islington College - Centre for Business, Arts and Technology, 444 Camden Road, London, UK