About the course
This course will help you develop the skills, knowledge and experience to work in a barbershop as a barber, teaching you the latest techniques for styles such as skin fades, alongside facial hair trimming.
You will learn how to work in accordance with health and safety procedures to ensure the wellbeing of your clients, your colleagues, and yourself. As well as working in the college’s own hairdressing salon, you will also have the opportunity to do a period of work experience. You will also work on improving your English and Maths skills.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Client consultation for hair services
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Cutting short hair
- Cutting facial hair
- Working in the hair industry
- Displaying stock to promote sales in a salon
- Styling short hair
- Salon reception duties
What will I need?
You will need:
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English Language and Maths or equivalent Level 1 qualification
All applicants must have an interview and assessment to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address High Road, Tottenham