About the course
This course will cover a wide range of beauty techniques, developing your skills in performing facials, hair removal, manicures and pedicures, and eyebrow and eyelash treatments. You will learn about the day-to-day running of a beauty salon, including health and safety procedures, customer relations and reception duties.
You will have plenty of opportunity to practise what you are learning on real customers in our salon, under the guidance of professional beauty experts.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Promoting additional products or services to clients
- Developing and maintaining your effectiveness at work
- Improving and maintaining facial condition
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Removing hair using wax techniques
- Providing manicure treatment
- Providing pedicure treatment
- Providing make-up treatment
What will I need?
You will need:
- Experience and/or a keen interest in beauty therapy
- A reference from your previous school/college
All applicants must have an interview and assessment to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address City and Islington College - Centre for Lifelong Learning, 28-42 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, London, UK