About the course
This course will provide you with a range of essential technical and practical skills and knowledge, equipping you for work or further training within the beauty industry.
In addition to beauty-specific skills, you will also develop transferable skills, such as employability skills, teamwork and problem solving techniques, communications and customer care. You will also receive personal tutorials, which will provide opportunities to set meaningful targets for yourself and to carryout self-evaluation and reflection.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Promoting additional products or services to clients
- Developing and maintaining your effectiveness at work
- Improving and maintaining facial condition
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Removing hair using wax techniques
- Providing manicure treatment
- Providing pedicure treatment
- Providing make-up treatment
What will I need?
You will need:
- Four GCSEs including English and Maths at grade 3 or above or English and Maths Functional Skills at Level 1
All applicants must have an initial assessment and interview to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London, Tottenham Centre, High Road, London, UK