About the course
This course builds on your existing knowledge in beauty therapy, covering advanced techniques to help you progress to senior beauty therapist. You will cover specialist treatments such as laser and light hair removal, laser and light skin rejuvenation and microdermabrasion techniques, as well as dermatology and microbiology,
You will have plenty of opportunity to practise what you are learning on real customers in our salon, under the guidance of professional beauty experts.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Light and laser treatments for hair removal
- Light and laser treatments for skin rejuvenation (IPL)
- Microdermabrasion techniques
- Physiology of ageing
- Management of health, safety and security in the salon
What will I need?
You will need:
- Beauty Therapy – Level 3 Diploma, or equivalent
All applicants must have an interview and assessment to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address City and Islington College - Centre for Lifelong Learning, 28-42 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, London, UK