ABOUT THE COURSE
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will include developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services.
This advanced apprenticeship is ideal for you if you are already in an administrative role. It will allow you to deepen your knowledge and develop your career. As the natural progression from level 2, the programme will allow you to build upon the skills you previously gained.
Some of the modules you may get involved with are analysing and presenting business data, organising events, arranging business travel or accommodation and chairing and leading meetings.
At the end of the course you will achieve a level 3 Diploma in Business Administration and if required, level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English, and ICT.
WHAT YOU’LL STUDY
On this apprenticeship you will cover units including:
- Analysing and presenting business data
- Organising events, arranging business travel
- Chairing and leading meetings
- Encouraging workplace innovation
- Implementing change in the workplace
- Managing budgets, projects, and business risks.
There are also optional modules, including training on the principles of digital marketing and research, the principles of stakeholder relationships, understanding customer service, and the principles of social media within a business.
Find out more on the Institute of Apprenticeships.
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need:
- To be aged 16 or older
- To be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week with 20% of your normal working hours set aside for you to complete your training and study
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification and Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Maths
All applicants must have an interview and assessment in English and Maths to confirm that the apprenticeship is suitable for them.
Employers may also set additional entry requirements, as a prerequisite to working with them.
WHAT THE COURSE LEADS TO
On completion of this course, you can progress onto further study in this field or into a career in the business and administrative sectors.
Typical Job Roles include:
- Administration Officer
- Administration Executive
- Administration Team Leader
- Office Supervisor
- Personal Assistant or a Secretary.