Foundation Degree in Inclusive Performance
The Foundation Degree in Inclusive Performance is a two year, full-time course. It is nationally recognised as an accredited qualification and provides a pathway to a full BA qualification.
Students on this course play an active part in Chickenshed’s diverse and innovative performance work, learning through our unique, inclusive approach that provides practical experience in all the disciplines of inclusive performing arts. Dance, drama and musical theatre are all explored throughout the course, culminating in the opportunity to devise workshops and direct projects around issues that matter to you.
Foundation Degree students are supported by an experienced team of professional performers and education specialists who are able to offer insight into Inclusive Performance through a series of core and optional modules.
Year 1 Modules
- Inclusive Theatre Performance – Introduction and Performance Process Research
- Inclusive Theatre Development – Children and Youth. Train with our Membership department and get real-life practical experiences with our membership of 750 children and young people.
- The Performing Arts Discipline by Discipline on stage and behind the performance. Perform in at least two of Chickenshed Public performances.
Year 2 Modules
- Outreach and Community Arts.Join our Outreach team on projects in schools and the community, then get the chance to lead your own community projects
Choice of one of the following disciplines to study in more depth – led by professionals in the field.
- Planning and Delivering Inclusive Theatre Workshops and Projects
- Acting in Inclusive Theatre
- Dance/Movement in Inclusive Theatre
- Music/Singing in Inclusive Theatre
The Workshop and Performance Process – The Final Project Training, Planning and Performance
We want people of all abilities and experiences to enrich the work that we do by joining us as a Foundation Degree student which is why we have three options for our admission criteria. We ask that you are able to fulfil one of the following:
- Successful completion of a BTEC Diploma in a performing arts subject or equivalent
- Successful A Level study in a range of relevant subjects
- A profile of appropriate experience and training under Chickenshed and Middlesex University’s recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Course Fees for the academic year 2022/23 are £6,000.
Applications for 2023 are now open.
Take a look at our Foundation Degree Course Booklet and Admissions Policy for more detailed information about the course and download an application form to begin your application. Learn more about the Foundation Degree course and life as a Chickenshed student at one of our open days.
See more information on the Foundation Degree Information Booklet including our Complaints Procedure. A full version of the Complaints Procedure is available upon request.
Take a look at the FAQ section of our course booklet or contact our Education Team directly.
- Address Chickenshed, 290 Chase Side, London, UK