The training through our Digital Academy Hub gives you a valuable insight into the careers available in the digital sector.
Our Mayors Skills academies are all credited by The Quality Mark which identifies our academies to be excellent, industry-relevant training in the capital. The Quality Mark Statement also represents our commitment to including a combination of sector specific questions, and wider cross cutting issues like diversity and inclusion, sustainability, Good Work and the engagement of under-represented groups.
A flexible and supportive approach to digital skills training
We provide free training opportunities and support packages to help you get a job in the digital sector. We do this by providing bespoke flexible programmes that fit around your circumstances and availability. Our aim is to give you the confidence and skills you need to be employable within 3 to 4 weeks, and a guaranteed job interview with an employer who is accredited with the Good Work Standard. For those who need that extra support we work with ESF Academies to ensure everyone can benefit from our Academies and sector opportunities. Training includes:
- Short 2–3-week introductory courses
- Online bitesize Learning from Level 2 to Level 6 qualifications
- Masterclasses for in-demand roles, delivered in partnership with employers
- Day and week-long bootcamps
- Sector-based work combining training and work experience, leading to guaranteed interviews and employment.
- Personalised Information Advice and Guidance, careers advice and Job search.
- Tailored Sector employability workshops
- Award in employability L1 and L2
- Advice and guidance for self-employment
You can also access a wide range of personal and ‘soft skills’ training, and individual support to address your barriers to training and employment:
- Workshops in specific personal and employability skills, for example resilience, communication.
- Multiple step-on and step-off points for greater flexibility
- Free additional courses up to Level 3 in a wide range of areas
- Personal tutors
- Apprenticeships and work experience including pre-apprenticeships and pre-employment training
- Industry engagement and careers support sessions with employers
- Work experience
- Help with job applications, writing your CV and cover letters
How to apply
All our courses are part of the academies. Choose a relevant course, and the Academy will then work with you to ensure you are able to access the course.
- Creative and Digital Media HE Diploma
- Digital Media (Level 1)
- Animation and Games Design Extended Diploma (Level 3)
- Computing and User Experience Extended Diploma (Level 3)
- Creative Media Production Diploma (Level 2)
- Film and Visual Effects (VFX) Extended Diploma (Level 3)
- Games Animation and VFX Skills Extended Diploma (Level 3)
- Computing and IT courses
- Digital Bootcamp courses
- Various short courses in digital
Interested in joining our Digital Academy Hub? Contact us by filling in the form?
You will find the form at the very bottom of the website link provided here.
If you would like to get in touch with Westminster Kingsway College, you can use our live chat, text us on 07860 078277 or email us below. We will get back to you as soon as possible, during regular working hours.
- Address Westminster Kingsway College - Victoria Centre, Vincent Square, London, UK