About the course
The Technical Qualification (TQ) form part of the T level study programme. The purpose of the Technical Qualifications is to ensure students have the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training or study in the education and childcare sector. The outline content has been produced by T level panels on the same standards as those ussed for apprenticeships. The outline content formed the basis of this qualifcation and has been further developed by CACHE.
The Technical Qualification is Primarily aimed at post 16 year old who wish to progress into education and childcare sector. This qualification will equip young people with the knowledge, skill and behaviours they need to enter skilled emplyment.
The two year programme is a combination of classroom based knowledge development and 750 hours in a real setting to develop occupational skills.
What will I study?
The Technical Qualification is split into 2 component parts:
The Core Component provides a high-level foundation of knowledge and skills that are relevant to all Occupational Specialisms within this qualification.
• Child Development
• Supporting Education
• Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
• Observation and Assessment
• Equality and Diversity
• Special Educational Needs and Disability
• English as an Additional Language
• Parents, Families and Carers
• Working with Others
• Reflective Practice
The Occupational Specialism Component covers the knowledge, understanding, skills and behaviours required to achieve threshold competence in a chosen Occupational Specialism. English, mathematics and digital skills have also been embedded throughout the content to help students reach threshold competence in their chosen Occupational Specialism. Threshold competence refers to the level of competence deemed by employers as sufficient to secure employment in roles relevant to an occupational specialism. Achievement of threshold competence signals that a student is well-placed to develop full occupational competence, with further support and development, once in work. The Occupational Specialism will be spread over the 2 year, by learners completing 750 hours in a real childcare setting.
- Support and promote children’s play, development and early education
- Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
- Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development.
What will I study?
The Entry requirement for the T level in Education and Childcare is
5 GCSE at grade 4 and above including English and Maths
- Address High Road, Tottenham, London N15 4RY