ABOUT THE COURSE
This Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation is aimed at those wanting to qualify and work in the field of electrical installation in industrial, commercial, and domestic environments. As an Advanced Apprentice, your duties will involve working and gaining experience on various types of equipment including lighting, power, control systems, and electrical plants along with the inspection and testing of installations as well as diagnosing and rectifying faults on wiring systems and equipment.
This apprenticeship is a recognised route to gaining an industry-accepted qualification that will help you work safely and professionally in the electrotechnical industry. It will help train you, and develop your skills but also help you to understand the industry and the business sector you would be working in.
WHAT YOU’LL STUDY
During this apprenticeship you will cover topics including;
- Working effectively and safely in an electrotechnical environment
- The principles of electrotechnology
- The application of health and safety and electrical principles
- Installation practices and theory.
For more information on the apprenticeship please visit the Institute of Apprenticeships
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need:
- To be aged 16 or older
- To be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week with 20% of your normal working hours set aside for you to complete your training and study
- GCSEs at grade 4 or above in English and Maths or Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Maths
All applicants must have an interview and assessment in English and Maths to confirm that the apprenticeship is suitable for them.
Employers may also set additional entry requirements, as a prerequisite to working with them.
WHAT THE COURSE LEADS TO
By the end of the apprenticeship the apprentice will have satisfied the requirements for registration as Eng Tech by the Engineering Council.