About the course
This course advances your studies in esports – also known as competitive gaming – offering you a unique opportunity to study a sector that crosses over multiple subject areas such as sport, marketing, enterprise, IT and the creative arts. The esports industry is a fast-growing global industry. In February 2019, Newzoo published its 2019 Global Esports Market Report stating that, in 2018, the global esports market was valued at $655 million USD – this rose to nearly $865 million USD in 2019 and is projected to reach $1.79 billion USD in 2022.
Endorsed by the British Esports Association, you will gain transferable skills, experiencing different areas of esports, helping you to progress to employment, either directly or via study at higher level. This qualification is the equivalent of 2 A Levels
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and fitness for ESport Players
- Esports Events
- Live-streamed Broadcasting
- Video Production
- Esports Coaching
What will I need?
You will need:
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above or a relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit or higher
All applicants must have an interview and assessment to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address 73 Hertford Road, Enfield