ABOUT THE COURSE
The hospitality supervisors apprenticeship is suitable for those working in a variety of hospitality organisations from food and beverage, events, housekeeping, conference to concierge, bar and front office.
The person working in this role will be responsible for supervising team members and services within the organisation and providing support for the management of the organisation.
WHAT YOU’LL STUDY
- Understand how to effectively organise and coordinate a team to provide required levels of service to meet customer demand
- Understand how to work with hospitality team members to achieve targets and support business objectives
- Understand the importance of customer profiles, how to build them and undKnow the marketing and sales activities of the business and how to support them to achieve the desired outcomeerstand how this enables the business to meet their needs profitably and in line with business / brand standards
- Know the marketing and sales activities of the business and how to support them to achieve the desired outcome
- Understand how to work fairly with individuals that have diverse needs
- Understand how a variety of technologies support the delivery of hospitality products and services
- Understand the financial operations of hospitality businesses and know how to source and use financial information relating to own area of work
- Specialist areas include: Food and beverage Supervisor, Bar supervisor, Events supervisor and Hospitality outlet supervisor
More information can be found at Institute for Apprenticeships
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need:
- To be aged 16 or older
- To be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week with 20% of your normal working hours set aside for you to complete your training and study
- A relevant Level 2 qualification
All applicants must have an interview and assessment in English and Maths to confirm that the apprenticeship is suitable for them.
Employers may also set additional entry requirements, as a prerequisite to working with them.
WHAT THE COURSE LEADS TO
On completion of this course, you can progress onto further study in this field or into a career in the hospitality industry.