This introductory hands-on course will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and experience to progress onto our Level 2 courses or to introduce you to a practical role in the animal care industry.
Over the course of the year, you will study a range of interesting topics including assisting with handling and restraint of animals, assisting with the set-up of animal accommodation and, assisting with the feeding and watering of a range of animals.
You will learn
- How to look after animals through practical experience
- The correct ways to work with and handle animals safely
- Animal health and learn how to spot signs of ill health
- The conservation of wild animals
- Work-based skills in a work experience placement
Diploma in Land-based Studies – City and Guilds
At least two GCSEs at grade 2 and above (E and above). Maths and English GCSE or Functional Skills at grade E3 or above. Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
- Address Capel Manor College, Bullsmoor Lane, Waltham Cross, Enfield, UK