This foundation course will give you a great practical introduction to gardening and landscaping, and will provide you with an understanding of the type of work and career opportunities that are available in the industry.
You will also gain key employability skills and undertake work experience with employers. This course is ideal for school leavers.
You will learn
- The maintenance of gardens throughout the different seasons
- Plant identification – trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals
- How to use a range of tools and machinery
- How to establish and maintain lawns
- Use of mowers
- First aid
- Health and safety
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
- Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
What The Course Leads To
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our Landscaping and Gardening Diploma (Level 2), Technical Certificate in Horticulture and Professional Landscaping (Level 2) or a Horticulture Operative Apprenticeship. You can also gain employment in the gardening and landscaping industry at entry-level. Career opportunities include, landscape maintenance, retail horticulture in garden centres, or roles working in parks and gardens.
- Address Capel Manor College, Bullsmoor Lane, Waltham Cross, Enfield EN1 4RQ, UK