About the course
This course focuses on developing your transferable skills in a variety of business and IT work-related scenarios. You will develop program design and practical programming skills, a well as covering mathematics, data security, web and multimedia design, employability skills, and understanding the role of IT in Business. You will use software tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel and Microsoft Project to solve complex business problems.
The second year of the course focuses on developing your analytical, design and evaluative skills. You will cover advanced programming concepts and techniques and will have the opportunity to create a simple game using Apple`s X Code software for the iPad. You will also work on a project to meet a specific business need. This will involve producing a specification and design, which you will use to create either a website, database, spreadsheet, or complex multimedia presentation.
What will I study?
This course consists of two separate qualifications. In your first year of study, you will work towards the Level 3 90-Credit Diploma. Following successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to progress to the Extended Diploma. Our Extended Diplomas offer equivalent UCAS points to studying 3 A Levels.
Topics covered can include:
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Website Development
- Computer Games Development
- Data Modelling
- IT Project Management
- Cyber Security and Incident Management
- Software Testing
- IT Service Delivery
- Digital Animation and Effects
What will I need?
You will need:
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English Language and Maths or an equivalent Level 2 qualification at Merit (and Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2/GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4 or above)
All applicants must have an interview to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address High Road, Tottenham