What will I study?
1) Preparing to work in adult social care (level 2)
This qualification provides an ideal taster for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It is accessible to learners of all ages who may want to understand more about working in health and social care. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The qualification covers the areas of communication, equality, diversity and inclusion, personal development, role of the social care worker, handling information, health and safety, safeguarding, duty of care and person-centred approaches.
It is a must have for anyone taking the adult Intermediate Health and Social Care apprenticeship.
2) Principles of infection control (level 2)
This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
• the meaning and importance of infection control
• the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
• methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Be provided with support to update your CV and go on to further training or employment.