About the course
This course has been specifically designed to teach the skills needed to begin working in schools and develop your understanding of the legislation, relationships and developmental techniques that are required. You will learn about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication. An assessor will visit you at work and observe your interactions with children and staff. You will be asked about the way you approach your job and why. This will allow you to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding you have gained in class. You will also collect a portfolio of your activities in your workplace.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Safeguarding the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children and Young People
- Schools as Organisations
- Supporting Learning Activities
- Promoting Positive Behaviour in Children and Young People
- Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
What will I need?
You will need:
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above (A*C) or equivalent qualifications at Level 2
- An Enhanced DBS check
All applicants must have an interview and assessment to confirm that the course is suitable for them.
- Address High Road, Tottenham