About the course
This practical design course in Fashion and Textiles takes a broad experimental approach to a range of textiles practices including dye, print, digital, stitch and embellishment. Through a series of creative projects you will learn how to develop ideas by engaging with drawing and research, how to create textiles samples and realise your ideas into final outcomes. Learning about artists, designers and textiles from diverse cultures will underpin your independent projects and trips to exhibitions will inspire your ideas.
What will I study?
Topics covered can include:
- Research and Development of Ideas
- Drawing and Collage
- Contextual Research and Understanding
- Design Development
- Creative Making & Textiles Techniques
- Experimental Garment Construction
- Project Recording and Presentation
What will I need?
You will need:
- Grade 5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Grade 5 or above in GCSE Art and Design, or a related subject*
- Three further GCSEs at grade 4 or above
If you wish to study 4 A Levels, you will need 7 GCSEs at grade 7 or above, including two at grade 8.
*If you did not study GCSE Art and Design, or a related subject, we will assess your suitability based on a portfolio of work. For help and advice on building your portfolio of work, please click here.
All applicants must have an interview to confirm that A Levels are suitable for them.
- Address City And Islington College - Sixth Form College, 283-309 Goswell Road, London, UK