Volunteer in our shops
Where can I volunteer?
We have over 500 shops across the UK, so you’re bound to have a store nearby that needs your help to run smoothly. Why not pop into your local shop or fill in our online form to show your interest?
Reasons why you should volunteer with us
- Be a part of your community, make new friends and join a fantastic team.
- Volunteering is easy and flexible and can be designed to fit around your personal and work commitments.
- Grow your confidence – our friendly CRUK team will be there to support you all the way.
- Reduce isolation and improve overall wellbeing.
- By volunteering, you’re helping people affected by cancer. It can also sometimes lead on to paid work in retail, customer service or other sectors.
- Build on skills, experience, and enhance employability.
Volunteer At An Event
We rely on a brilliant team of helpers to make our events happen.
Each year over 700,000 people join the fight against cancer by taking part in an event and fundraising in aid of Cancer Research UK, they can’t cross the finish line without the passion and energy of an amazing team of volunteers, like you!
1 in 2 of us will get cancer in our lifetime. We all have a part to play in beating it. Sign up to volunteer at an event today and together we will beat cancer.
Embrace the great outdoors and visit some beautiful locations during your volunteering at our Big Hike events. As a Big Hike volunteer, you’ll be getting hands-on to help deliver and provide a fantastic experience whilst invigorating participants. Hours can vary, some roles have early starts or late finishes but we’ll always discuss your availability with you! On the day refreshments are provided, you’ll receive a t-shirt and a great atmosphere which you’ll be sure to love!
Race for Life
Be a part of something special. Support participants at one of our biggest series of fundraising events, which has raised over £500 million since it first began. Come and be a part our Race family! Helping us set up and support our racers around the course, or handing out medals at the finish line, we’ll find the right activity for you. With over 400 events taking place in the UK, our participants are walking, jogging and running all over cancer.
- Address Cancer Research UK, Green Lanes, London, UK